I’m a sucker for new things and when I saw that Babybots were stocking a new baby skincare range called CJ’s BUTTer that was all natural and came in an amazing range of scents, then of course I found it jumping into my basket. And as if luck would have it I was also lucky enough to win some! So here’s our review of it and a mini giveaway.
It’s especially hard when using cloth nappies to find a cream to use on your LO’s tender bum that wont clog up your gorgeous nappies and causes repelling and staining issues. But CJ’s is completely safe to use with cloth nappies, so no worries there! I also loved the fact that it was completely natural, as there’s so many chemicals and things in everyday life I dont want to use them on Chloe unless there is no other option.
Chloe’s skin is a little sensitive, she does get the occasional flare up of dry skin/eczema on her legs and we have had some bad cases of nappy rash due to teething. Nothing has ever needed medication *touch wood* but I’m also always on the look out for that magical cure that will instantly fix any sore problems and redness asap. CJ’s has also been recommended to use on eczema, rashes, dry/chapped skin, rug burns (sore ‘crawler’ knees), mechanics’ hands and cuticles, hang nails and even rub a small amount on your hands and use as a leave-in conditioner for your curls! So pretty much everything (I’ve found its perfect as an overnight hand/foot cream too!).
The range of scents is amazing and I cant possibly pick which is my favourite out of Lullaby, Cucumber melon, Pink Sugar and Love Spell!! They also do an unscented version if your LO has really sensitive skin.
- Lullaby Baby Lotion: This is a gorgeous, soft, irresistible designer baby fragrance! With soft notes of leafy green, peach, melon, coconut and honey, and reminiscent of Johnson’s Baby Magic lotion, this fragrance is a tribute to the softness and innocence of babies.
- My Pixie Pie: A beautiful mixture of cherries, toasted almonds and finished with a touch of vanilla and coconut, this sweet fragrance is aptly named.
Cucumber Melon: Top notes of fresh cucumber, ripe melons, apple, and pear lead to a floral heart of muguet, rose, jasmine, and cyclamen. A rich, sweet drydown is provided by oakmoss and vanilla.
- Warm Vanilla Cake: Quite simply the richest, most buttery vanilla in the entire universe!
- Oatmeal, Milk & Honey: This blend is a perfect marriage of oatmeal, milk, and honey — mellow, soothing, with just a hint of sweetness.
- Lavender EO (alone or combined with Tea Tree Oil or vanilla)
- Pink Sugar: This boutique best-seller begins with notes of sweet, sugary lemon drops and pink cotton candy. A fruity-floral middle of red fruit, fig leaves, caramel and raspberry leads to a sweet vanilla-musk base.
- All Natural Mango Sugar Mint: Sweet, ripe notes of mango with the tiniest kiss of mint to keep things crisp and fresh.
- Blueberry Crumble: A pleasing blend of plump summer ripened blueberries, and crispy oatmeal topping warm from the oven. Rich and buttery, with a hint of spice and vanilla.
- Love Spell: Top notes of peach, mango, strawberry, and mandarin flow into a complex middle of apple blossom, rose, tamarind, and coconut milk. The fragrance is completed with smooth notes of musk, vanilla, and precious woods.
It also comes in a few different formats, there’s the typical tub (or tube for ease), then there’s the spray – which is fab, a quick spritz and no mess. There’s also the Carcass Cleaner – which I also ended up buying a bottle to try and it’s great for both as a wash in the bath and as a wipe solution. Babybots have just got in some lip balms as well which I will definitely be getting to try in the Peachy Mango-liscious flavour next time I shop there.
Here are the prices for the various goodies in the CJ’s BUTTer range:
The original cream in a 4oz Tub or a 4oz Tube £7.39.
The liquid version of CJ’s BUTTer in a 4 oz fine mist spray bottle £7.49.
Carcass Cleaner/bath and wipe solution in a 8.5 oz foamer bottle £7.99
Lip Balm in a 0.15oz tube £2.49
The original BUTTer is really great on Chloe’s dry skin, if shes got a bit of a dry/red patch I just pop a bit on, and as it’s slightly greasy/buttery it protects it from further rubbing or getting worse and gives it time to get better. But if she’s having a teething/sore nappy rash attack then I just give her bum a spritz of the spray at every change, its great when you dont need to rub it in. Both have worked just as good as anything else I’ve tried and I do love the spray and the yummy scents. The Carcass Cleaner is fabby for using as a wipe solution, much easier to use then wipe cubes, no dissolving, just a few squirts in water and again it smells yummy!
They are a totally scrummy way to look after your LO’s skin, (and yours too if you’re sneaky and use it as hand cream when no one is looking!), the spray and wipe solution are my favourites and will definitely be in full time use for us. I’d love it if they brought out a lotion version to use on Chloe after her bath and before bed, that in the Lullaby scent would be amazing! This is definitely a range to look out for, works great, smells fab and isnt full of nasties!
I purchased (and won) the products mentioned and did this review because I wanted to, no compensation was received for doing it and no one has told me what to write, all words (including spelling mistakes) and opinions are 100% my own and genuine.
I have a tube of CJ’s BUTTer in the My Pixie Pie scent to give away and a few mini tester pots that Lynsey at Babybots has very kindly sent me. The winner will receive the full size tube and a mini tester pot in another scent (perfect size for change bags). And a runner up will receive 2 of the mini tester pots.
To be in with a chance of winning all you have to do is leave a comment below saying you would like to win.
One entry per person/household please! You dont have to follow me on Twitter but it is the best way to keep up to date with winners and new giveaways.
- This is open to anyone in the United Kingdom.
- And closes at 11.59pm on Wednesday 8th June 2011.
- The winner and runner up will be chosen by Random.org on Thursday 9th June.
- And the winners will be announced on this page and Twitter.
- The prizes are non-refundable and cannot be transferred. No cash alternative is available.
And the 2 winners as drawn by random.org are:
1st Joanne Greenhalgh (6)
2nd Natasha Groves (11)
Congrats I will pop you an email for your address details, if you havent heard from me then please get in touch! xx