Okay so I admit, when I first read about these in a magazine I wasnt won over, a 2-1 fitted waterproof sheet and mattress protector, sounded good but was it needed? I didnt think so at the time and even when I’ve seen mention of it pop up again and again in magazines and blogs since I still wasnt convinced, that is until I was lucky enough to be sent one to try.
We’ve used ours for the past month and now I can fully appreciate why it gets so many rave reviews. I usually change Chloe’s sheets once a week unless she’s spilt some milk, had a leaky nappy or been ill and then obviously its more regular. There has been a few times when I’ve changed them 3 or 4 times in one week due to one thing or another. It’s not the changing of the sheets themselves that are a hassle as I class that as all being part of a mum but the fact that it’s stripping the sheet and the mattress cover underneath that gets wet too, letting the mattress air if needed, washing the sheet and cover and getting the cover dry the same day so I can pop it back on with a spare sheet on top. Not a huge problem really but I didnt want to go down the route of a separate waterproof sheet as I thought they’d make Chloe hot, were really plasticky, noisy and just generally not very nice.
But the B.Sensible sheet has totally made life a lot simpler, a sheet with a waterproof membrane backing, that still feels soft on top next to babies skin and isnt noisy in the slightest! I was skeptical about how soft the top of the sheet would be but honestly, if no one told me it was waterproof underneath I’d never guess, it feels, well normal! B.Sensible havent just stopped at making a 2-1 waterproof sheet but have also included other nifty features:
- 100% natural Tencel fabric helps to regulate babies body temperature whilst asleep
- Tencel is silky soft next to babies skin and has a virtually undetectable breathable membrane
- A Dermofresh waterproofing system that absorbs moisture and dries quicker than any other fabric
- Provides a natural barrier against bacteria and dust mites
- Hypoallergenic and clinically proven to be suitable for those with sensitive skin, eczema, asthma & rhinitis.
- Totally eco-friendly manufacturing process.
So the great thing is, if Chloe does have an accident, spills a bottle or whatever I can just whip off the sheet and pop a clean one straight back on, simple. It washes really well and is still feeling lovely and soft. You can tumble dry the sheets but as they dry so quick I cant see that you’d really need to. The sheet is of a very high quality, nice stretchy sides and the cotbed size fits Chloe’s mattress perfectly (other cotbed sheets I’ve bought before have come up a little tight sometimes).
Now, being me I did have to test the sheet a little, I poured on some water and sure enough it just sat on the surface. So I patted it a bit (as if Chloe was in bed rolling about or what have you) and it kind of seeped in but it didnt go through the sheet at all, the mattress cover underneath was 100% dry. Perfect.
The only downside I can find is the price, for a cotbed size sheet it’s around £23 but I so wish I’d just bought two of these when Chloe first went into her bed rather than the 4 or 5 normal sheets we’ve got over the past year or so. When I think that Chloe might be using her cotbed till maybe she’s 5 then they are definitely worth having, especially when she goes through the hit and miss of potty training. So I think even being expensive they can still work out as a good investment and possibly even cheaper than having 4 or 5 normal sheets and getting a waterproof undersheet for potty training.
The B.Sensible range is available for Moses Baskets, Cots, Cot Beds, Single Beds, Double and King-size beds and comes in a huge range of 24 colours! So it should be easy to colour match any bedding or colour schemes that you have. Prices start from £16.99 and a list of retailers can be found here but Fill Your Pants now also sell the range so you can pick one up whilst shopping for fluffy nappies! They also do pillow cases and have just released a duvet cover as well! I’ve already got another sheet in my shopping basket at Amazon ready to get when payday comes!
We were kindly sent this sheet to review, however no one has told me what to write, all words (including spelling mistakes) and opinions are 100% my own and genuine.
To be in with a chance of winning one of these fantastic sheets please do at least one of the below, leaving a separate comment for each entry (maximum of 3 entries per person please) and dont forget to let me know which size sheet it is you’re after.
- Head on over to B.Sensible’s Facebook page and post a comment on their wall saying “Fluffy Mummy sent me: http://wp.me/p10ad1-sQ!”, then come back here and leave a comment saying you’ve posted.
- Follow both me @Fluffy_Mummy and @Bsensible on Twitter and leave a comment with your Twitter ID.
- Tweet “I’ve entered to win a @Bsensible 2-1 sheet from @Fluffy_Mummy here http://wp.me/p10ad1-sQ” and post saying you’ve tweeted and your Twitter ID.
- This is open to anyone in the UK.
- And closes at 11.59pm on Friday 12th August 2011.
- The two winners (one of a cot sized sheet and the other of a cotbed sized sheet) will be chosen by Random.org.
- And the winners will be announced on this page and Twitter.
- The prizes are non-refundable and cannot be transferred. No cash alternative is available.
The winners are:
Angela Moore (Cot size) and A. Banks (Cotbed size)
please contact me with your address details! Grats!